Thursday, May 15, 2008

And now: a word from our sponsor...

I really enjoy many things. I make use of them, like the advertising, would even recommend them to others. I make no bones about being unabashedly geeky when it comes to certain things. Product loyalty is one of them. Here is an non-comprehensive list in no particular order.
Lucky Charms
Gain
Old Navy
Dove Ice Cream Bars
Crest
Nike
Sports Illustrated
The Food Network
ESPN
Victoria's Secret
American Eagle
Kraft
Chik-Fil-A
Coke
Speed Stick
Scotch Brand Tape
Now an overdue shout out to the ladies. In my short time on this earth, I've had the pleasure of meeting, living with and befriending some great ladies. With a nod to Mother's Day, I'd like to tell of some women who've shaped my life. My birth mother, whoever you are: Thanks for not aborting me and for placing me with a family who loved me. Not everyone can say that. To my real mother: Thanks for loving me as much as those from your womb(even more it could be argued). To my sister: Thanks for being patient with me as I grew into someone who learned to respect and appreciate who you are. To my former girlfriends: Thanks for guiding me towards adulthood and teaching me a little about true love. To my present female friends: Thanks for your listening ears, your friendships and for sharing your fellas with me. To my wife: Thanks for taking this long, lovely walk hand in hand. And to my daughter: Thank you for allowing me to see the heart and face of God.
I love all of you so much.

Jon

6 comments:

Unknown said...

...you are welcome....

Robin said...

Hurd's a stud.

Kelly said...

Nice. :)

Melinda said...

That was touching. :)

Dawn said...

I don't think I knew you were adopted. As a hopefully future adoptive mom, I like your perspective. :)

Jo said...

That was sweet.

Oh and Chick-Fil-A rocks. When I lived in Kentucky, I spent a lot at Chick-Fil-A.