Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Blissfully Wistful

It's amazing to think of where my friends are now. I went to college roughly 13 years ago, and there are so many of my classmates who have actually seen the world. Or at least a far-reaching corner of it. I'm humbled that God led us to Columbus, OH, a city of a little over a million people counting surrounding areas. But to think that I have acquaintances in the far corners of the globe is awe-inspiring. Further proving the work of the Lord is not restricted by borders.
Scott Landry and his wife Amy are serving in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Robin White is currently in Japan. Andrew and Amy Donovan are in New Zealand. Caleb Lapointe now lives in Australia. One of my classmates is in one of the former Soviet States ministering in secret.
As I take a possible step into full-time ministry it makes me want to compare my own life and accomplishments with their own. That is a temptation that they would tell me to avoid though. God does not measure how far you've gone just how far you've come. And I don't plan on jogging in place.

5 comments:

Mommy Rader said...

You guys are in Columbus, OH? We're only like 45 min from there!

oljonnyhurd said...

I know! I've been saying we need to hang out.

Shawna said...

We'll be in Columbus again in July. Once again it will be a get in/get out kind of trip. And that's too bad because it's nice there and really warm, which is always enjoyable for me.

oljonnyhurd said...

Well maybe we could meet for lunch or something. Facebook me and get my phone #.

Jo said...

I think Columbus is a fabulous city--one of the best in the mid west.