Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's more than a feeling

So I killed a fly the other day. Slapped it down out of midair. It reminded me of my days at French Camp. Yeah, French Camp. Lutes and I went and used to play ping-pong on our lunch breaks. There, we would be bombarded by hornets. So I took it upon myself to go on the attack. I considered it an insult that they would come after me so I got really aggressive with them. That summer I think I ended the life of at least 30 yellow jackets. I felt like the brave little tailor. Seven in one blow. I really hate insects. I mean truly loathe them. I will leave an outdoor party just to get away from them. I blame my parents cause we lived in mosquito rich country and did a lot of outdoor activities, which as a kid, I didn't have the choice of doing or not doing.
I was thinking about flatulence. Emma calls them toots. Apparently the universally accepted word fart is not allowed at daycare. So anyway, she has this little fart machine that makes sounds and names the different farts. It does this very inaccurately in my humble opinion and I wondered if I could do better. Here goes: The groaner, The splatter, the lady fart(completely silent), the puppy dog(escapes and surprises you), the tuba, the machine gun, and the grunt(includes a push of some kind.)
I've come to realize that most of the people on sports talk radio are blowhards. They make these outrageous statements and then don't feel the responsibility to back it up. They claim to speak for the fan and just raise a ruckus for themselves. I guarantee you hardly any thinking adults care about what they have to say. Which says just as much about us as them I guess.
It was suggested I start writing about my love list and it got me to thinking about it's origins. I was intending to start a list of things that I hated or made me mad or pissed me off. But one of my friends chided me into staying positive and creating a list of things that I loved or made me happy. It almost climbed to a thousand items before I stopped. The list on the blog is in no way comprehensive.
Canada seems so close. I look forward to seeing most of you. And ignoring all the rest.

No comments: