Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Stuff I tried to remember

While on vacation we took four flights. I discovered that for some reason, when I fly, I order tomato juice. I never drink it at other times. Only on airplanes.
I was in the bank the other day and I noticed something disturbing about myself. There was some really lame song on the radio and I found myself tapping along. I looked down horrified and immediately stopped. But it made me think about a trend that has developed. I listen to a lot of sports radio because I drive all day and I catch myself humming along to the ridiculous jingles. Or if I'm in a business that has music playing I sing in my head along with it. Even if I hate it! Especially if I hate it!
I think I'm going to start collecting shoes that are left on the highway. I'm flabbergasted at the number of people losing shoes on the interchanges of Columbus.
Only missing one more season of Scrubs. Laurie got season four of Alias from Lutes as a gift so her collection is complete.
I've narrowed my eating needs down to five meals. If I could eat these five things all the time I'd be a happy man. Pizza, chicken fingers, cheeseburgers, tuna subs, and egg Mcmuffins.
I have decided to grow the hair. I don't care what it will cost me in career. I'm not saying I'll keep it forever, but it feels more like me when I have my hair long. I'll cut it eventually and donate it to locks of love.
We are officially not sure what we're having. We think it's a girl based on the gyno's guess but...we won't know until the thing pops out.
I learned yesterday that I'm not as good a friend as I think I am. I was sort of complaining to a friend about another friend who didn't make it to small group but that I guess I understood cause he was hanging with his mother who is convalescing. He replied that she had just been in the emergency room the previous night and that he had been there with him. So I extrapolated there had been some kind of communication between them. Now I would never say I was a better friend to that guy then he was but I never knew how far back I was until that moment. I yearn for that kind of friendship. I try to be that kind of friend. But I am far off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blogs. The realness is refreshing.

proud mama said...

Please don't collect shoes from the highway. It would gross me out. And are you really going to let your hair go long enough to donate? Didn't think you would go that long again...

Shawna said...

I drink ginger ale on planes but at no other times and I also sing along to songs I hate. It's really bad when someone turns the radio up on a sucky song and when you look at them funny they say, "I thought you liked it since you're humming it". I don't know how many times I've had to tell people - just because I sing it doesn't mean I like it!