Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Are Kiwis for real?

Had a pretty interesting discussion at work today. At lunchtime we got to talking about random facts. Did you know that the banana tree will not independently reproduce? Did you know that sparks fly when you crunch hard mints such as Wint-O-Greens or Certs?
A girl I was sitting with told me that kiwis are not a naturally occurring fruit. They were bred from two other fruits. She didn't say which. Why is it that people who taste things like to find undertones of flavor in them? I was watching Ellen last month and there was this guy raving about the subtle flavors you can taste in wines. Like chocolate, fruit, leather, tobacco and even dirt. Same for coffee. Apparently these drinks don't stand on their own. Do we really expect this from other foods? Cheese that tastes like shoe polish? Ice cream with a hint of wood? Water that reminds me of flowers? No thanks. I'll take my food tasting like it says on the package please.
Positives: Turning 30, not coughing for two days, Baby hugs.
Negatives: Pushing 235, when parts of my anatomy fall asleep, bugs in the house.

2 comments:

proud mama said...

Never heard that about kiwis. Makes me want to do a google search and see what the "experts" have to say.

Happy Birthday tomorrow. Love you.

Maria Purviance said...

i LOVE kiwis.

happy late birthday.