Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Ides of March

I'd love to be a radio host. I just heard from Jeff Fuller that he gets to participate in a late night sports radio program. I almost crapped with envy. I've always been, for better or worse, a commentator. My opinion comes out on way too many things. And that forum seems to be one of the only left where you get to be free with what you say. In fact most of the guys who do it are kind of jerks.(Think: Colin Cowherd, Rush Limbaugh)
I'm flipping between the college basketball sweet sixteen and my Columbus Blue Jackets throttling the Calgary Flames.(5-0 and counting)
I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life and it's got to stop. Laurie and I started an eating plan and I've actually gained weight! But you know what, I'm actually happy with myself. Sure I'd love to shrink the old belly and eliminate the jiggle but if it happens agonizingly slowly I can live with that.
I've got a new job being the runner for a used car dealership. It's fun. Driving like a hundred miles a day. Learning all about Columbus. Plus it may help us land a new car at a discounted price.
Its that time of year again. When I get turned down for jobs all across the denomination for lack of experience. Well, that and my lack of preferred area of service. I just really don't know what I want to do, because I haven't done anything.
I love getting together with friends. I'm a board game junkie and I really never get to do it that much. This Saturday we're going to have pizza and then a cake party. I'm going to make Morgan Macpherson's Skor Cake. Mmmmmm.
I'm growing my hair back out. Maybe not shoulder-length, but I've determined that I enjoy my look with a shaggy do. It suits who I am inside.
I just learned from my Mom that my adopted name was Nicholas Lee Fredericksen. I like Jon better.
Positives: Emma picking out my shirts, beef tenderloin, date with the wife.
Negatives: Man boobs, shoulder pain, missing ball hockey.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, your name, that's funny. My adopted name is Lisa Anne Grant. What a mixed up story there. My birth father was married to my birth mothers sister and had an affair with my mother and I'm the outcome of that. So my fathers wife is also my aunt, my brother is also my cousin. Messed up. Good luck with finding people.

Nancy (Robichaud) Brink

Robin said...

"I almost crapped with envy."

... I almost crapped myself with laughter. At that. Not really but it was pretty funny.

You know, sometimes people who don't "fit in" in ministry in North America make great missionaries. Just saying.

proud mama said...

Don't you mean your pre-adopted name? I'm pretty certain your "adopted" name is Jonathan James...or at least that's what your mom would say.

Anonymous said...

You're right Laurie. I said it wrong too.

Nancy

Jason Hurd aka Reverend Vader said...

I wish we lived closer. I've got a basement full of board games you need to try out.

Sigh...