Monday, April 13, 2009

Let the wookie win

We just had our Easter services at the church and to my chagrin, there was in three installments, flowery, weaving, womanly interpretive dance. I happen to know at least three guys who cringe every time this happens. I want to start writing sermons again. Not only to get back in the word but to flex that skill for prospective employers.
Laurie and I as of right now will be parents again. We go to the ob today at one for the first sonogram.
We're getting a new car later this week. I need a ride to get to work so Laurie doesn't have to drop me off all the time and it'll free me up to look for work during the days. We are going to get a sweet deal because I work for a dealership now.
We are flying up to Bangor and then renting a car on June 30th. Ahhhh...a week in Canada. I look forward to friends, family and familiarity. I would move there in a second but Laurie has some reservations. For instance, it snowed this weekend in NB. Here it was a balmy 55 degrees. The uncertainty of daycare, proximity to grandparents, and me giving up my green card, all good reasons to stay here. Plus there's my ever evolving job search. (sigh)

2 comments:

Robin said...

Let me be the first (at least on the blog) to congratulate you on the new thing in the oven.

Jason Hurd aka Reverend Vader said...

... that's because droids don't rips arms out of their sockets.