Thursday, May 07, 2009

Bend with your knees

Emma has discovered that daddy has a front uhh...appendage. She calls it my tail. Now for all of you out there who think I parade around naked just suppress that gag reflex. She tries to see it, sometimes after peeing or getting out of the shower. There is no gratuitous nudity in the Hurd household.
We just bought a mini-van. Not quite sure how I feel about that. It's nice and all but it's a mini-van man.
I got my second ticket the other week. I was apparently riding the guy in front of me in rainy weather. A two-fer of misdeeds. My first came in college when I ran a red light I thought was green. Never get tired of remembering that.
Four weeks in a row of great movies coming out. Though if history is any indication I'll see maybe one in theaters. Wolverine, Star Trek, Angels and Demons, Terminator Salvation, all worth seeing but I'm really holding out for Harry Potter. Those idiots at the studio have made me wait for nine friggin months!
Had a fun night with my buddy Scott last night. Caught up, laughed, shopped, swore, and cruised in his sweet Mustang.
I'm considering getting a tattoo. The rub is that I hate needles. Hate. Have you ever noticed that the feeling you get when you release a huge pee is similar to that of sexual release? Maybe it's just me. Sorry to the unmarrieds out there who can't relate.
Have you ever been behind someone at a fast food restaurant and they've been standing in line for like five minutes and they get up their and they act like they've never seen the menu before? "Ummmm, I'll have..." Grrr.
Positives: anniversary plans, Toyota engines, moms
Negatives: fridge repairs, wet little girl, the price of gold

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob has just pointed out that there are a lot of unmarrieds that can relate...not a lot of virgins that can...but a lot of unmarrieds.

~ Julie

proud mama said...

Good point, Julie...or actually Rob. Oh, and when were you (jon) going to mention the tatoo to me? Or were you going to surprise me by tatooing my name (and therefore your undying love)on some spot?

Shawna said...

Hahaha...Mike and I are going to get tattoos for our 40th birthday. - Not with our names on them :)