Friday, June 29, 2007

Fooseball is de devil!

I'm writing this post mostly for therapy. It has been a trying month for my family. Not in the traditionally trying sense but still. The temptation for me is to really dwell on these things and ball it up in my psyche. I usually release frustration by taking a bat to my garage.
But I've received a gift in the last few days. It's a new way to look at things. Not as God not making things go the way I want, but searching for the parts of my life to be thankful for. For everything that doesn't go my way or inconveniences me or makes me question where all this is leading, there can be a resolve to endure, to persevere. Life is life.
Now that is not to discount spiritual warfare or the fact that as Christians we are under constant attack. But I now embrace the opportunity to deal with my personal "demons". To grab them up by the neck, understand them for what they are, smile at them and release them to someone bigger.
Positives: Free Ben and Jerry's, "Mercy Came Running", finding a house sitter
Points of Concern: Emma's passport, barfing dogs, Laurie's fever

No comments: