Thursday, June 07, 2007

Lifestyles of the middle class and anonymous

I love Itunes. I just finished a cd for laurie and we found songs she hasn't heard in years. So finding a job is tougher than anything i have ever done. I'd rather learn a new language. I'd rather get punched in the stomach. Hard. After having just eaten.
The guys in my small group are in management and in talking to them I've discovered the reason the american workforce is so miserable. Greed. A few men want it all and anyone under them will suffer to get it for them. My company espouses customer driven promises, pledges and goals. And yet everything they do says the exact opposite.
Whenever we go away one or both of the dogs gets sick or resentfully craps on the carpet after a certain amount of time. We leave july 11th for moncton and I can already see the stains. I've become more flatulent in my old age. It's disconcerting.
I think I want to start a new ministry at the church. It would involve going down to the local homeless shelter and playing games and starting relationships with them. Hey, it's a start.
Positives: pork tacos from Chipotle, Risk night with the guys, my new camouflage shorts
Negatives: the silent voice of God, back pain, wearing white to work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohhhhhh.. I love (and MISS) Chipolte, where you can get Quesadillas as big as your head and fee guac if you forget to order it at ordering time....
I was just thinking of that place this week......oh the memories....