Sunday, October 07, 2007

Too little sleep makes the mind wander

Have you ever just full-on stepped in a pile of dog crap? It's not a great feeling. Speaking of random crap, I have a job. Part time and only for nine days but hey, it's a paycheck. With the promise of more work in November we should be good until Thanksgiving.
Speaking of Thanksgiving, I'm losing my Canadianicity. I have officially forgotten when that holiday is. If not for a call from my Mom I'd have never known.
Speaking of forgetting things, have you ever forgotten to flush. You go to use the toilet and realize the last time you used it something must have slipped your mind. Like flushing.
Speaking of the mind, I feel like I'm losing mine. I make these mental lists of things to do and never do them. Calls, things to remember when I go someplace, brushing my teeth. I'm just plain forgetting.
Speaking of plain, I never eat anything plain anymore. Chips, toast, potatoes, eggs. I need condiments in my life. Everything seems better with mayo.
Speaking of toast, that's kind of like my chances of finding a job in ministry. 0 for 18 on resumes sent so far. Insert empty platitude here.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay for a job! Not so yay for not finding anything in ministry yet. I hope you find something, and when you do it's something you're perfect for, and will love. That'll make the waiting seem more worth it.

oljonnyhurd said...

Awww thanks Kel. Where are you and the hubby? AJ left facebook. And neither of you have posted in two weeks. Hate all things internetish now?

Kelly said...

Not an internet hater, no. Just hit a busy patch. Deep Water will be launching in a couple of weeks, I've been babysitting full time and trying to figure out how to run a kids ministry...we've been pretty wrapped up in all that stuff, I guess. :)

oljonnyhurd said...

Well good luck. AJ didn't take me up on the financial support so lip service will have to do. I'll pray for you guys. Don't know if that hurts or helps honestly.