Wednesday, January 02, 2008

You can thank me later

Have you ever noticed people are getting angrier? I know I am..... or was. I tend to wonder about things. Sometimes obsessively. Why is it that people seem to be angrier or at the very least, more comfortable expressing their anger publicly?
I think it's because we don't fight anymore. Used to be you had a disagreement you'd settle it with guns or a sword or a fistfight. Today though, that's seen as uncivilized and is punishable under our laws. It seems that people would be a whole lot calmer if they could just duke it out once in a while. Maybe this is a guy thing. After a physical confrontation guys can be buddies. Like nothing ever happened.
I watched football yesterday and it occurred to me that a lot of coaches can't get their players to do what they need to do or they don't know how. This one team was getting run on and they couldn't stop them. They knew it was coming and still they couldn't do a thing. Sad.
I hate myself enough right now that Laurie and I are going on diets. I'm actually only 20 lbs more than when I married but I'm not in love with the direction my tummy is headed. I'd like to see my wiener when I look down for at least a few more years. My terrible confession? I love everything bad for me. Butter, Mayonnaise, bacon, pop, fried food, cheese and all manner of dairy. It will be hell and I will hate it. Happy freakin' new year.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Do you ever watch BBC America? There is a show called "You are what you eat". I like it and you may find it amusing...check it out.

Anonymous said...

naw you won't hate it .. you will learn to love salad and no sugar ... but the no dairy could be the hardest thing to learn to love ... but you CAN do it.

~ some anonymous old geezer