Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Que Pasa?

This is my report on my evening taking care of the baby. First of all, Emma only eats when she wants to and its hardly ever at home. So after thrown food, two slapped hands, and me ignoring her crying, I got her out of her highchair and we were done. Then I tried to feed her a bottle. I say tried because I didn't screw the lid on her bottle tight enough and didn't notice it until she had almost finished. I estimate at least an ounce and a half wound up soaked into her shirt. So I stripped her down and let her run naked. She likes books and makes me read at least five a night to her. So we sat there reading. Milky, half naked and content. My girl and I had a wonderful bath, successfully drank another bottle and went to bed on time and without incident. We'll see how the night goes.
I made a salad tonight and was really disappointed. For some reason, there are certain things to eat that just taste better in restaurants. Or if someone else makes them. I'm a good cook, but I've given up on salads. Burgers are back on the list of things I'll make at home though. They had been off.
The carpet has taken a beating in the last few days. Peanut had the runs twice before we locked her in the kitchen. Then after that passed she threw up the next day. And finally I spilled Gatorade this evening. Sigh.
I have this sense of fear coming over me. We did our taxes and got back much more than we ever have. I keep thinking we must have done them wrong but.....
Week three on the job. I'm severely undertrained but we're severely understaffed, so I've been forced to do things I'm not ready or willing to do. Hopefully I'll get some responses from the 10 letters I'm sending to different districts. But probably not. God likes to humble me.
I hate getting screwed.(Not that I've run into anyone that likes getting screwed) We took our car in to have the brakes done and they're still squealing. I believe they actually did the work and that we have new brakes but they just didn't do it well.
I finally stopped hating people who slow down to go over train tracks. I used to slow down on purpose behind them and then ramp the tracks when I got to them. But now, I just swallow my rage. I have a lot of rage. Not sure why.
Does this ever happen to you? You say something to your spouse and in your head it makes sense but in reality it might not. Or they just seem to be acting really dense. There are some nights when communication with my wife is like verbal gymnastics. She doesn't get what I'm saying or I'll communicate in half thoughts.
Positives: $2500 dollars, free Godiva chocolate, clean dogs.
Negatives: the chaos of office life, 32 inch pants on 30 inch legs, no insulation.

7 comments:

Shawna said...

Mike used to ramp the tracks until he cracked his radiator. $1000 later...he doesn't do that anymore.

Anonymous said...

oh the poor carpet. i like your love list. i slow down at railroad tracks....so i'm glad you don't hate me anymore.

Kelly said...

Our rec room carpet is equally as beaten. Between dirrhea, grape juice, playdoh, multiple coffee spills, and the fact that it's LIGHT GREY, it makes me shudder every time I think about it. Which is often, since I spend most of my day in the basement.

Kelly said...

ps. Thanks for the update. :)

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, I hope you never stop writing on your blog. I so enjoy reading them. You are and have always been such an interesting person.

N Robocop!!

Maria Purviance said...

i slow down going over tracks. i use to work at this law place, and saw way too many wrecked that happened because of people not looking when crossing tracks. i honestly don't see how someone could NOT see a train coming..but whatever. anyway, i am not looking forward to doing our taxes cuz we got crap back last year...and i am just going to assume it's the same way this year.

Anonymous said...

"ramp the tracks" - what is that?

~ some anonymous old geezer.