Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Menudo

Voluminous! There, I finally remembered one. Snowflake. Good also.
AJ has been giving me bits and pieces of song lyrics and I have to try to finish them. I read a couple of years ago that the British voted on the all-time best song lyric. And the winner was "One life, with each other, sisters, brothers", from "one" by U2.
My personal favorite comes from a song by Third Day called "I don't know".
"I don't know what I could say, or would it matter anyway? Cause I don't know how you could still forgive me. For all that I have put you through, is there anything that I can do? I would give my life to find your mercy. What will it take until you forgive me? Or Lord will I find that you have already. I don't know."
I feel bad when I have to discipline. Whether it's my dogs or my daughter, I don't enjoy it in the least. This realization offers me insight into the heart of God. I am a father. God is my father. The bible says the lord disciplines those he loves, like a father disciplines his child. Well, if I feel as bad as I do and I'm not even close to being able to love as God does, how much more does my "Dad" agonize over my course corrections, my discipline?
Tomorrow I get to give, on behalf of my small group, a trunkload of groceries to a woman who needs it. Out of work, three kids. It feels right, you know? Helping out, I mean. Doing the work of the church. I'm blessed to hang with these broken, striving, flawed, sainted brothers.
Positives: Free milkshake #2, sending out resumes, Jon and Joyce Myers
Negatives: Management, the glut of good TV on Thursday nights, lack of experience

No comments: