Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Thank God I'm not lactose intolerant

Today was a good day.
OK, this may not come as a surprise to many of you, but I'm a food geek. I like trying food. I like learning about food. I like shows about food. I kind of revel in it. I especially appreciate it when it's free.
This afternoon I was driving by the local Chik fil A and saw on their sign that on April 2nd you could win shakes for a year at 5pm. What could it hurt to stop inside? I figured it was some drawing that I'd never win but what the heck. Turns out all you had to do was get in line, get a ticket and stay on the premises until 5. The first one hundred people to get their ticket got a punch card good for 52 free milkshakes or one per week.
Well, I called Laurie and it didn't take much convincing to get her over there. An hour and a half later we were holding the first of our 52 shakes. I don't know why, but life seemed better because I held that card. Who knew that one stop could totally affect the rest of my year?
Now if only this specter of good fortune would turn its gaze upon my career. Can't be greedy I guess.
Positives: Emma's grins, appointments, free trips to Cracker Barrel
Negatives: Cutting nails too short, boogers, mornings beginning before 6am

5 comments:

theajthomas said...

You made it halfway to 3 weeks - good work!!!

Unknown said...

YUM!!!! AWESOME!!!
LOVE that restaurant....and now for another reason..milk shakes!!
That place rocks!

Sarah said...

Hahahaha! That's funny. Enjoy your milk shakes.

Robin said...

The question is: Do they have Breastmilk flavour?

Jo said...

This is an example where being spontaneous pays off.